MAC Lipstick Twig & Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate 104| Reviews|Dupes|Comparison| Swatches|

by - 5/09/2014


Hello my lovelies! Today I'm here with a really exciting post. I personally love reading these kinds of posts that have everything, review, dupe, comparison and swatches. These kinds of posts give you all you need to know about a product. Without blabbing so much, I'm going to get on with my review/dupe/comparison/swatches.

One is Twig by MAC and the other is by Rimmel London, from there Kate Moss collection labeled 104. Both really work as "my lips but better", on my lips. 

Mac by Twig



Color:  It is a very natural looking nude. It's a muted brownish pink color. It works as a MLBB. This is a great nude for women with tan/olive skin tone. If you are fair this will most likely look brown on you.

Formula: It is a satin finish. I love matte lipsticks but I also like satin finish because it is almost like matte finish but with a little bit of sheen and it is not as drying as some matte lipsticks are. Even though I do like my lips to look dry but not feel dry and the satin finish somewhat gives me that. It gives opaque coverage, which is something that I find really important. 

Twig by MAC



Longevity: It lasts about 6-7 hours without eating or drinking, but like every lipsticks you will need to touch up if you eat.

Overall: I been having a little nude lipstick phase, especially because of work, I prefer to wear just nude lipsticks. So recently I have been using my nudes more and I found I was going back and forth between this lipstick and Mehr by Mac. So overall I'm really happy with this lipstick. I really love how opaque it is and the fact that it stays put for the whole day. 

Rate: 8/10

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 104




Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 104 is a very close dupe to MAC's Twig, which is why I'm doing this post together. I actually didn't realize that is was a dupe until I bought this one and tried it. 

Color: This is probably the only difference between them, and that is, Kate Moss 104 has a slightly mauve-pink under tone, but it is barely noticeable on the lips. However, this gives perfect nude lips.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 104



Formula: Even though this is said to be a matte lipstick, it is very moisturizing  and creamy and feels a lot like satin finish. It does not dry out my lips. Gives very opaque finish.

Longevity:  It stays put for 6-7 hours as well without eating or drinking. Of course if you touch up it will last longer.

Overall: This is a beautiful nude color. Works great with everyday makeup as well as with a smokey eye. It has a nice formula that is long lasting.

Rate: 8/10

Comparison


If I knew that Kate Moss 104 was this close of a dupe to Twig by MAC, most likely I would have gone for Kate Moss 104 first because I find them both to be working same on my lips. They are very very similar in color, formula, finishes, and as well as longevity. If you are considering buying either of them, I'd recommend you buying the Kate Moss 104 first and see if you like the color and formula because this one is a cheaper option so if you end up not liking it, you would not be wasting $20.00.



Price:
Kate Moss 104 - C $6.52
vs
Twig by MAC - C $20.00

Ultimately it is up to you what you prefer. If you're the kind of person that doesn't like drugstore lipsticks then by all means you can try out Twig because it as just as good and If you're the kind of person that is looking for a cheap alternative than you should definitely check out Kate Moss 104.


I hope this was helpful, Thank you so much for reading!


You May Also Like

0 comments

I would love your feedback!